The Pakistani American Association is recognized as tax-exempt social welfare organization by the IRS under section 501(c)4 of the IRC.
- Promote goodwill, understanding and fellowship among the Pakistani-Americans and community at large.
- Coordinate efforts to represent the Pakistani-American community's perspective on various issues.
- Organize ethnic, cultural and social events to promote art, music, literature and other cultural aspects of Pakistani-american life.
- Organize trade shows, food festivals and antique shows and create a network to locate business opportunities for community members.
- Educate the community on political, social and economic issues and raise awareness of their rights and responsibilities.
Social and Cultural Activities
- Eid Get-Togethers
- Chand Raat, Meena Bazar
- Independence Day Picnic
- National celebrations
- Musical events
- Educational Seminars
- Community Forums
- Programs for Young Professionals
Be Part of Our Efforts
Membership is open to all Pakistani Americans 18 years or older.
The Trustees and officials are elected by and from the membership.
- Rubina Rahman, President
- Tahira Anwar,Vice President
- Jane William, Treasurer
- Mohammad Tariq, Secretary
Board of Trustees:
- Sabir Rahman Chair
- Jamshed Uppal
- Parvez Uppal
- Anwar Goheer
- Mohammad Azam
- Jawaid Bashir
PAKISTANI AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF GREATER WASHINGTON, Inc.
P.O. Box 8466, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-8466
e-mail us at: email@example.com